Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

4. Re: Jagged Alliance: Crossfire in September Aug 2, 2012, 06:34 panbient

ShakyJake wrote on Aug 2, 2012, 02:57:
-The voice acting is some of the most bored-sounding I've heard in a long time, and really makes you wince when certain mercs start reciting their lines in a dull monotone.

-You can repair weapons, but not armor. This is one of those things where I just assumed I was missing something obvious, because the different armors and the camouflage bonuses they give are actually very cool. Alas, to replace the money sink that weekly expenses made in the earlier game (there aren't any), you are intended to spend your money replacing all that cool stuff you've been outfitting your mercs in, and which gets shot up in every mission.

-You no longer have an in-game avatar! No longer do you have the option of taking the personality test and then existing as one of the mercs down on the battlefield. Your sole role now is of faceless commander, giving orders. This is baffling to me, because any time JA was ever discussed between me and friends, the personality test and in-game avatar was one of the things most fondly remembered.

This, this and THIS! While I agree with the others too, these are the main 3 gripes for me. The voice acting isn't just bored sounding it's on the verge of racism with the horrible forced accents everyone seems to have.

I'd also much rather get 0 new mercenaries and the option to create a single custom merc than 10 more 'quirky' personalities.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo