Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

14. Re: World of Tanks Patches Aug 1, 2012, 21:18 Dirwulf

Tumbler wrote on Aug 1, 2012, 18:58:
The match balancing in this is completely bonkers. I am tier 4 and am regularly put against tier 7's ... with about as much chances getting a kill. Yes, its a team war, sadly if 60% of the team is tier 7 and I am tier 4 this matters nothing.

That info screen in the beginning does a fairly good job of warning you what is coming. If you're at the top, you're likely going to have a good time, if you're at the bottom then you should make sure you play very defensive.

I didn't realize how important looking at that grid was for a long time. 4 tier battles (tier 4,5,6,7) are not very fun when you're tier 4. The best thing you can do is prepare yourself to be totally out gunned and plan accordingly. Other matches you'll find yourself in the middle in a 2 tier match, (4 and 5) and it's so nice when they stick you at the top, that means you're in the best tank. (however that is rated)

Basically ignore all the experience you've had when you're shown at the bottom. Your job is to dig a hole and survive. You stay back an guard artillery, you hide behind tank destroyers, you pray you spot enemies who are fighting other tanks so you can shoot them without being blown to bits the moment you're seen.

Usually scout type tanks are at the bottom of the list. If I'm at the bottom, I sacrifice myself for the team by rushing and uncovering enemy tanks and running circles around the slow tanks, so arty can take them out.

Allegedly matchmaking has been fixed in this next patch, so this may all be moot anyway.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo