Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

55. Re: Bethesda S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Rumor Aug 1, 2012, 08:54 theyarecomingforyou

Raptor wrote on Aug 1, 2012, 04:28:
Also as a huge Stalker fan you should know that the game is meant to be bland, lifeless & harsh rather than colourful, full of rainbows and bloom.
Lifeless and harsh certainly, but it wasn't trying to be bland. Many of the visual flaws were related to technical issues, from low resolution textures and sprites to buildings that were little more than hollow shells. So while they are obviously different games with different themes I still feel that the STALKER games had below average visuals, with the exception of Clear Sky which I thought had decent effects for the time (though it came out before Far Cry 2 upped the ante) but performance was terrible.

Raptor wrote on Aug 1, 2012, 04:28:
theyarecomingforyou wrote:
Skyrim was a "huge mess" and have "a vision"? Ermmm... okay? Haha? Anxious But that is in stark contrast to most people's experience.

Most people is also the same majority that watch all those big and awful Hollywood productions and praise how fantastic they were, while you nod your head at them in disgust and wish they saw a proper movie for once and stopped financing those awful brainfarts.
Yah, that's not a group I hope that this game is made for, because if you cater for everyone you're going to end up with exactly why I screamed NO! in the first place and while I'm here arguing against it.

So just like the bland Hollywood action movie - it has the visuals, bang and some kind of a story somewhere, but if you go deeper into it you'll notice that the facade is not very thick at all.
I wasn't arguing that the majority opinion is always right but to call Skyrim a "huge mess" without "a vision" just doesn't have any credibility. Especially the latter. Of all the things to attack Skyrim for the last I would pick is a lack of "vision".

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo