Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

46. Re: Steam Precludes Class Action Lawsuits Jul 31, 2012, 23:34 StingingVelvet

Prez wrote on Jul 31, 2012, 23:23:
I can accept that you say your attitude being largely negative towards Valve and Steam on these boards is more of a counterpoint to the largely positive overall view of them here on Blues than it is a general hate-on you have for Valve. But having been here a while like you have you ought to be aware of how quick this crowd will turn on a company when they screw up or "act evil" as you put it. I'm curious as to how, then, you account for the generally positive view this board (which is known for its negativity about, well, everything) has maintained for Valve and Steam. If Valveis truly the equal in word and deed of the likes of EA and Ubisoft, why are they spared (comparitively speaking) the vitriol that those and other companies are bombarded with (and most deservedly so if you ask me) on Bluesnews? I wonder if you doubt that people can actually continue to be a fan of something while still acknowledging its faults and shortcomings.

There can be varying reasons, both legitimate and not. A lot of people are hung up on old EA grievances from closing X studio to Y console support statement. In the end though I honestly think it's mostly rooted in Valve doing amazing, excellent and awe-inspiring PR.

Look at this update. The way they phrase this shit it's like they're doing you a favor. They're fucking brilliant at this stuff.

And again, I am not saying they are worse. Actually in the grand scheme of things I would agree they are likely better than most companies. I just think they are also a greedy corporation that wants profit and that fucks consumers when they accept it and does altruistic things with financial goals in mind, same as any other corporation. It's the "Valve are a good company that cares about more than profit" mindset that drives me bonkers.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo