Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

39. Re: Steam Precludes Class Action Lawsuits Jul 31, 2012, 23:24 Asmo

I don't see what the big fucking deal is. If there is a case that truly has merit, Valve cannot stop you pressing suit not can it stop a judge overturning it's EULA if the judge finds fault with it.

I do understand the logic behind limiting class actions as a way of reducing the amount of skim a law firm can make from a big settlement, but the other bit of logic that intrudes is 'just how big a class action does anyone ever expect to occur?'... 99% of the things that can go wrong with Steam, to my mind, would at best be small claims which could and should be settled in arbitration rather than tying up the courts at massive expense to all involved (including the state). And Valve picks up the arbitration tab.

I don't doubt they are covering their own ass first and foremost, but this does not seem particularly onerous, regardless of who is doing it...

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo