Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

50. Re: Bethesda S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Rumor Jul 31, 2012, 21:01 theyarecomingforyou

Raptor wrote on Jul 31, 2012, 18:50:
I also did a random picture search and found this image from Skyrim:
Skyrim
Compare to Pripyat:
Pripyat1
or
Pripyat2
I'm sure you'd pick Stalker as the better and far more interesting looking setting from these.
The comparison I showed was of both games on maximum settings, at the same resolution and taken to be representative of the graphics in-game. Your screenshots were deliberately low resolution and still did a poor job of making Pripyat look good.

Re: Theyarecomingforyou

Wow - comparing Call of Pripyat (2009 btw) to Skyrim (2011)
Hence why I said it didn't have good graphics for the time but I accept it wasn't a good comparison and my intention wasn't to mislead, so here are a couple of images from Far Cry 2 (2008):

Screenshot 1
Screenshot 2

STALKER just doesn't come close to that, let alone perform as well.

jimnms wrote on Jul 31, 2012, 18:24:
Only Clear Sky used/uses TAGES, and I wouldn't say that is worse than Ubisoft's DRM. At least with TAGES, after activation you can play your game whenever you want even if your internet connection goes down, and you don't get booted from the game if there's a disruption in connection or their noPlay servers go down.
The difference is that I haven't had any problem with Ubisoft's DRM, whereas I was locked out of Clear Sky and had to email support in order to activate the game.

The gameplay was solid and challenging and except for Skyrim I didn't have bugs in Pripyat (maybe I was lucky), whereas Skyrim was a huge mess for me.
Sorry, I know that Skyrim was all critically acclaimed and all that and I quite enjoyed it for the beginning part and till there were some challenges, but design wise it's inferiour to anything with a vision.
Skyrim was a "huge mess" and have "a vision"? Ermmm... okay? Haha? Anxious But that is in stark contrast to most people's experience.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo