Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

46. Re: Bethesda S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Rumor Jul 31, 2012, 18:50 Raptor

Re: Theyarecomingforyou

Wow - comparing Call of Pripyat (2009 btw) to Skyrim (2011)
Two different games with different budgets (not a small difference)
And I could argue for the opposite - That STALKER actually had a beginning, middle game and an end, as well as an actual story and plot.
The gameplay was solid and challenging and except for Skyrim I didn't have bugs in Pripyat (maybe I was lucky), whereas Skyrim was a huge mess for me.
Sorry, I know that Skyrim was all critically acclaimed and all that and I quite enjoyed it for the beginning part and till there were some challenges, but design wise it's inferiour to anything with a vision.
Bethesda is excellent at setting up a world and filling it with locations and sometimes even characters, but what comes after should be left to someone else.

Here's an example of what happened the last time an eastern title was picked up by a western company.
Operation Flashpoint and Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising.
Sorry, but I do not want that to happen again.

Also a well selected picture comparison there.

I also did a random picture search and found this image from Skyrim:
Skyrim
Compare to Pripyat:
Pripyat1
or
Pripyat2
I'm sure you'd pick Stalker as the better and far more interesting looking setting from these.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo