Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 31, 2012, 14:59 kanniballl

Mr. Tact wrote on Jul 31, 2012, 13:34:
SimplyMonk wrote on Jul 31, 2012, 12:19:
I rarely, if ever, here the argument where people asked for more to be cut out from a source material in order to make the movie shorter.
Yes, I would agree with you on that. However, I have seen certainly many dozens, possibly 100s of lengthened versions of various films. "Director's Cuts", "Unrated" versions, "Extended" versions -- and I'd have to say the overall effect is that I have great respect for the art of film editing. It is extremely rare for these longer versions to be better. Much more often, they are worse -- sometimes much worse.

Well, define source material.

True, I can't think of any novel->film adaptations where I wished they cut something out. Then again I rarely see a great novel adaptation that stands out in memory.

But there HAVE been movies where I wish they hadn't added as much and thus removed bits entirely.
  • Spider-man 3 - Too many villains, seemed to drag on. I could have done without as much Osborn
  • Dark Knight - Seemed a bit long, while I liked TwoFace the movie could have done without him
  • etc

• Honestly, Jackson could do a very loyal film in his 2.5hour format or whatever... and could DEFINITELY do a loyal treatment in 2 x 2.5hour fims .

But 3 films? Really?

The book is great, but it isn't THAT long.

-

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
    -Fry, Futurama

Subject

Optional
    Login Email   Password Remember Me
    If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
    Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo