Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

34. Re: Bethesda S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Rumor Jul 31, 2012, 14:53 Verno

A bad interface is a bad interface and going multi-platform isn't the reason for that, it's just used as an excuse. That said, I found Skyrim's UI to be an improvement over Oblivion and most of the issues - like the levelling system - were obviously just bad design and not console related. It didn't get in the way of me enjoying the game.

A bad interface can also be (and often is) created by trying to accommodate two wildly different platforms. Consoles don't have to be the "bad guy" or something silly but quite often there are design concessions made for them that cause issues in the PC version. That's why people get upset about multi-platform releases with regard to previous PC franchises. In the case of Stalker specifically it had all sorts of technical and design problems, I'm not sure adding multi-platform to the mix is going to be helpful. It was a really punishing and complex title, I don't see it doing well with the console audience without being significantly watered down. They couldn't possibly accommodate the user interface requirements on the console without cutting functionality just as an example.

In any case, it will be interesting to see how the successor to Skyrim measures up in this regard, Bethesda has given the PC version all sorts of post-release attention since its sales were supposedly quite good.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Fall, The Walking Dead, Leon

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo