Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

26. Re: PC Dawnguard Info Jul 31, 2012, 13:08 Verno

StingingVelvet wrote on Jul 31, 2012, 12:44:
Bethesda have made it very well known the Xbox version sells a lot more. Maybe Skyrim made more on PC than Oblivion did but the idea that it competes with the Xbox version is, in my mind, extremely wishful thinking

Where did they say that? First I've heard of it in reference to Skyrim and I think it'll come as a surprise to some here too. Anyway, it doesn't really change the fact that he wasn't being nitpicky to address a really vague claim.

As for wishful thinking, I don't know, this isn't an over the shoulder action game or something. It's a traditional PC franchise with a long standing community and great word of mouth to go along with extensive advertising both online and offline. Given the sheer breadth of the Steam platform these days I don't find it outside of the realm of reason that a PC version could perform up to a console SKU. Heck the recent BF games for example performed very well compared to their console counterparts individually and that was without the benefit of Steam.

This comment was edited on Jul 31, 2012, 13:13.

Playing: Alien Isolation, 7 Days to Die, Dragon Age Origins
Watching: The Canal, Brazil, The Town That Dreaded Sundown

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo