Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

30. Re: Ubisoft uPlay Security Flaw Jul 30, 2012, 17:44 RailWizard

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Jul 30, 2012, 17:19:
Just got a message on firefox telling me the uplay plugin would be disabled because of security reasons, with this information linked:

Ubisoft Uplay has been blocked for your protection.

Why was it blocked?
Version 1.0.0.0 of the Ubisoft Uplay plugin has a security vulnerability that can be exploited by malicious websites to gain control of the user's system.

Who is affected?
All Firefox users who have this plugin installed.

What does this mean?
Users are strongly encouraged to disable the problematic add-on or plugin, but may choose to continue using it if they accept the risks described.

When Mozilla becomes aware of add-ons, plugins, or other third-party software that seriously compromises Firefox security, stability, or performance and meets certain criteria, the software may be blocked from general use. For more information, please read this support article.

Blocked on July 30, 2012. View block request.

Firefox FTW. I really cannot imagine myself using any other browser, ever. They all suck rotten dog cocks in hell.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo