Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

29. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 30, 2012, 10:02 Dev

Kajetan wrote on Jul 30, 2012, 05:16:
Dev wrote on Jul 29, 2012, 21:44:
BTW, the interesting part is you might think everyone who wanted skyrim would have jumped on it at the 50% off sale, but there's STILL demand for it at full price.
Thats the thing Valve and others pointed out several times now.

Sales do NOT devalue a game.
Instead sales even increase the number of units sold for normal price AFTER the sale has ended.

That's exactly what I think
Thats why I think matrix games being afraid to offer Distant Worlds on steam is stupid. Stardock just showed that putting a game on steam does NOT cannibalize direct sales from their homepage.

BTW, this same thing shows up with Baen books. They put free ebook versions of #1 in most of their sci fi series, and sometimes rotate other books for free, and everytime they do, they increase sales of the PHYSICAL books. Not just of the others in the series, but of that #1 that they are giving away free as well.

This comment was edited on Jul 30, 2012, 10:09.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo