Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

29. Re: Diablo III Exploit Hotfixes Jul 27, 2012, 18:01 Mordecai Walfish

Verno wrote on Jul 27, 2012, 14:03:
I'm all about discussing the positives and negatives of these companies but you guys are kinda going nuts in this thread Disguise

And rightly so. Have you seen/played D3?

I also got out of the mickey mouse club of b.net, but I had been using a cool little program that can emulate the "Authenticator Dongle" on your desktop so you dont have to buy one after paying $60 for such a monumental turd as D3 turned out to be. The program is open source so worries about malicious code can be investigated by anyone and everyone who cares.

It's called WinAuth, available here: http://code.google.com/p/winauth/

No, it wont keep you from getting hacked if you use the same password that you use on your e-mail with everything else. You deserve to get hacked if you do this.

Yes, I agree Blizzard should provide one of their Authenticators in each and every box they sell for products that require B.net, as that is the only route to semi-confidence that your account will not be hacked there. They are losing customers over this issue currently, that is a fact.

A proper 2 stage authentication should be commonplace in a system like this, I would be interested to know why Blizzard is not taking this route, but honestly right now can not be bothered to pursue any answers from Blizzard or take part in any of their cash-grab franchise self-destruction from here on out. Fin.

I would rather play the original Quake from beginning to end again (it's been at least 5 years...) and I think I'll get started tonight ^_^

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo