Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

39. Re: Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion Sets Sales Record Jul 27, 2012, 01:44 Bhruic

Darks wrote on Jul 27, 2012, 01:11:
No, you are the bigger dumbass; you and a few others here just canít seem to comprehend the fact that if you want to play those larger scaled up planets and battles. You had better prepare for disappointment. This was no different then it was playing Sup Com when i had the same laggy assed issues with long drawn out games. Except it was far worst with Sup Com.

I like long games, but not ones that sit here and tie me down for games lasting over 10 hours a shot. That is stupid and you and a few others here are fucking glutens for punishment if you think you can play a long assed drawn out game like that. Itís not an FPS, itís an RTS game, and from my account I have seen this all too often in RTS games when they are played out over a very long period of time they start to lag down. You guys are unrealistic in your wants. When I play a game I set it up to where itís realistic and not something that I know is going to cause issues.

Just because you are able to put that many planets on a map does not mean that your system can handle the load. Some of you remind me of the same dumbasses a few years back when Crisis came out. The first thing many of you idiots did was crank up the graphics to the highest setting then complained their asses off about how laggy and shitty the game was. Thanks to many of you bitches out there, consoles are now taking over because you all whine like a bunch of whores.

You really are a moron, aren't you? People are complaining that if they drive their car too fast, the wheels fall off, and your response is "why would people want to drive fast in the first place? you're unrealistic for wanting to drive anywhere fast, and I only drive slow, so there's absolutely nothing wrong with the car".

If you design a game that allows for large maps with large numbers of AI, then it's your fucking responsibility to make sure it works right. If your engine can't support it, then you shouldn't be including options to play that way in the first place.

And your attempts to suggest it's a hardware problem are particularily idiotic when you've already been linked to a quote from the developers stating that it's a problem with the engine. It's not like there's any ambiguity here, they have flat-out stated the engine has issues. Not issues that have been fixed in Rebellion, not issues that you only get if you have shitty hardware, issues that are fundamental to the design of their engine.

And yet, here you are, apparently with more knowledge of the engine and its limitations than the developers themselves.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo