Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

32. Re: Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion Sets Sales Record Jul 26, 2012, 20:22 Darks

Prez wrote on Jul 26, 2012, 16:21:
Jedi Master wrote on Jul 26, 2012, 10:18:
How in the world do you get a game to last 55 hrs?? I've never had one even approach 10 on the largest maps.

I had to check my original post - "55" hours should have been "15" hours. I think I had 55 on the brain because my Steam stats showed I had played Rebellion for 55 hours. Still, I don't understand how length of game even matters - the late game lag is ridiculous, and it occurs in every single random large/ huge galaxy once there are several large empires with huge fleets roaming around. *EDIT* And this is in Rebellion. It has not been "fixed" by any means, since fixing it would mean optimizing the engine (which is shared between both Trinity and Rebellion) to use more than a single core of your cpu, something which Iron Lore themselves have said they don't have the resources to do. The best that can be done is the same thing that was done with the original, which is making various tweaks that lessen the load on the cpu.

Again, does anyone really think youíre going to have a smooth playing game after 10 or more hours? If you do youíre diluted.

That has got to be one of the dumbest things I've read on these forums. Holy shit that was stupid. Playing a strategy game for over 10 whole hours is asking for trouble? Jesus tap-dancing Christ, do people even think before they type anymore?

And seriously - we are STILL throwing around the goofy "your hardware must not be up to snuff" excuse? Really? Is that a mandatory response every time someone mentions a problem in any possible game?

Oh gee Prez, I guess you type fancy, color me impressed.

Throwing around hardware is not up to date as an excuse. That to me sounds like a cop out on your part. And yes Hardware does and always has made the difference. If you havenít figured that out then you are dumb.

OK, so Iron Lore? Really? Iron Lore? How about you go back to playing Titan Quest and come back when you have a clue about what game you are talking about.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=6375

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo