Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

21. Re: Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion Sets Sales Record Jul 26, 2012, 09:59 Darks

Bhruic wrote on Jul 26, 2012, 04:42:
InBlack wrote on Jul 26, 2012, 03:40:
I was thinking of getting this (never played a single Sins game before) but the setting looks to be quite rich and well realized and the different factions are quite cool. All this talk about an end game bog down is giving me second thoughts....

It mainly happens on larger maps with larger numbers of opponents. If you play on medium or smaller, you really won't notice it.

Of course, playing on large maps with large numbers of opponents is fun, so it's a bit of a drag not to be able to enjoy them properly...

Again, I am going to say this. The lag you guys are all talking about was something that happened with the two prior games. Rebellion for me has not had any of those late game slowdowns or lag. The original Sins was horrible about the lag with games after about 3 hours into a game. Rebellion does not have that, its been fixed.

I play just about every night with two other friends and we play on maps with 55 planets and three other AI on Vicious mode. Those games usually last us around 5 to 6 hours. Never once do we get the lag.

If you try playing a game with 100 plus planets and 6 AI then yes you will probably get lagged down at some point. But who really wants to play a game that long to begin with. thatís is not a feasible way of playing any RTS game and with any RTS game out there if you try playing a game for 30 or more hours then I would fully expect it to lag down or have memory issues.

Sins may be designed so you can attempt those kinds of games but in reality they are not feasible. Anyone who thinks they are is just fooling themselves and looking for trouble doing so.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=6375

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo