Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 25, 2012, 20:50 Kitkoan

SectorEffector wrote on Jul 25, 2012, 19:13:
Everyone compares this to win 8 on the fact that it brings in some of the phone UI but I disagree, Metro forces you to use it, you don't have to use Launchpad to launch apps or work in Mountain Lion. I'd say it's just an improved version of lion.

UI response and overall smoothness is MUCH MUCH better in Mountain Lion, even on my old Macbook pro. It's been really nice on my Retina Macbook Pro.

Win Vista = Lion
Win 7 = Mountain Lion.

Ya they are off by years, but I'd say Leopard was horrible and was made really smooth with Snow Leopard.

Lion was sorta a pain and is much better with Mountain Lion.

My Review.

sidenote: Playing Diablo III or HL2 Ep 2 at 2880x1800 just rocks..

in Windows I can play BF3 at 2000+ resolutions too, settings on high except shadows which is at medium.

Love my Retina Mac Can't wait for PC Laptops to adopt a 2880 res.

Windows doesn't look like shit either, works fine with DPI settings.

Are What settings are you playing those games and how many FPS? Any other games? Perferably more modern. Friend is looking into getting one but I'm trying to steer him away since every review I've read that stops going on about the screen keeps making it seem like my first impression of it was right. It keeps sounding like a semi truck being powered by a prius engine. I heard reports of it crawling get around during 20fps on Facebook Web surfing. The only decent gaming scores over read always have the screen toned down to 1400-700ish (half the screen size). The only review I read with the full resolution was of Diablo 3 doing good a 'smooth' 15-18 fps and they didn't tell what the rest of the game settings were (max? Min? Makes a big difference.)

*automatically refuses to place horse heads in anyone's bed*

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo