Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

1. Re: Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion Sets Sales Record Jul 25, 2012, 16:53 Keilun

The summary here is a bit confusing. To clarify:

1. Stardock anticipated the release of Sins on Steam to cannibalize their direct sales through the Stardock store and Impulse. They expected Steam sales to share the same digital "pie" that their own sales and Impulse shared.

2. Instead, Stardock found that their direct digital sales and Impulse sales were largely the same. This one's a bit ambiguous in their announcement.

3. Their Sins Steam sales eclipsed their retail sales.

4. (And most importantly!!) As a result, Stardock plans to bring Elemental and The Political Machine to Steam.

I've always wanted to try Elemental, not that Steam really factors into this decision. I'm more inclined to support Stardock directly by buying direct from them. That said, seeing more sales through Steam only means good things for Stardock and hopefully that translates to more resources into better games. Elemental's initial release was marred by issues.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo