Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

34. Re: Op Ed Jul 25, 2012, 09:07 Verno

The point was that by their guidelines, Kickstarter is for funding projects. This isn't a project, unless I'm missing something about it...it's a fundraiser to drive the web site instead of using their existing ad revenue.

Exactly. A long established web comic with a large revenue stream has no place looking for money in a place that is supposed to be all about independent projects that probably couldn't get investment capital anywhere. This is PA taking out an operating credit line from the public except that they pay no interest and are just banking on the goodwill of their other ventures. It's shameful stuff, I won't be funding it and if this is the kind of thing to become regular on Kickstarter then I won't be bothering with anything on that site.

They could have simply asked for subscription or had some value added membership level but let's be honest, they wanted a slice of that Kickstarter pie.

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Destiny, Fire Emblem
Watching: Continuum, Star Trek TNG, Haunt

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo