Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

5. Re: Quantum Conundrum DLC Next Week Jul 24, 2012, 23:45 Jerykk

rist3903 wrote on Jul 24, 2012, 19:46:
Didn't this game JUST get released?
Have you ever heard of the show Extra Credits by any chance? It is a web series based on various aspects of gaming. They had a show recently about DLC for Mass Effect that had some interesting things to say about when it is most effective for it to be released. The data they are basing this off of is for consoles, but I think it is probably pretty close to PCs as well. Basically, they say that DLC is most effective the closer to the launch of the game, falling off after 3 months or so. I would be willing to bet that the interest curve is longer for PC users considering that they play their games a lot more than console users, but I still think it is applicable.

Here is the episode in question if you are interested:

http://penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/mass-effect-3-dlc

The graph I was referring to is at 1.01, by the way.

Yeah, I'm not really sure why people are shocked when DLC is released soon after the core game. The longer the delay, the less people will care about it.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo