Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

10. Re: Ships Ahoy - PROTOTYPE 2 Jul 24, 2012, 20:01 nin

jdreyer wrote on Jul 24, 2012, 19:14:
It's hard to find PC-specific reviews of this, but here's a comment I found by user Glavius over at Metacritic:

This game is actually unplayable on my computer. The game suffers numerous crashes, has hard locked my system, and feels like Activision has just pushed out a straight console port. Today steam unlocked Prototype 2 and having pre-loaded it I quickly launched it on my default computer. An Intel Core I7-3770, dual ATI 6990's, and 8GB of ram on a 64-bit Windows 7 system. The game would not start with all 4 graphics cards enabled (the 6990 is a dual-gpu card). As such I had to disable down to one card. I game on three 30" HP LP3065 monitors each running a resolution of 2560x1600. Prototype 2 does not even SUPPORT 2560x1600 and as such I'm forced to run at a non-native resolution of 1920x1200. With the single ati 6990 (the others are disabled using Radeon Pro) the game stutters and chugs.

Considering they cut most of (if not all of) the team, I'm not surprised. It's a quick cash grab...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo