Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

39. Re: Minecraft Patent Lawsuit Jul 22, 2012, 22:42 WarpCrow

Cutter wrote on Jul 22, 2012, 18:29:
NKD wrote on Jul 22, 2012, 17:40:
Cutter wrote on Jul 22, 2012, 17:18:
Doombringer wrote on Jul 22, 2012, 16:38:
Notch may be in the right, but his smug approach makes me want him to fail. The "I'll throw piles of money at them!" is little more than a boast. It isn't "cool" and it doesn't put him in a "good guy" light.

Exactly. The guy just seems like an incredible dick to me. He needs to lose a pile of money and get the shit beat out of him to teach him some humility.

The irony here is intentional I assume?

Besides, Notch isn't boasting. He's saying he'd rather spend all his money fighting these guys than taking the cowards path and settling out of court. If that was the attitude everyone had, patent trolls would all be out of business.

But thats okay, continue wishing violence on people.

There's nothing ironic. I can be angry and hostile but I'm not a snide, condescending asshole who thinks he's smarter and cooler than everyone else. And yeah, sometimes some people really do just need a good asskicking to come down to what the rest of us call reality.

What exactly has Notch done to deserve an asskicking, or when has he given the impression that he's such a dick? If it's happened I've never seen it, and I follow Minecraft pretty closely...

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo