Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

35. Re: Op Ed Jul 22, 2012, 20:12 Jerykk

Ray Marden wrote on Jul 22, 2012, 11:08:
I think Micro$oft has a bad patch policy, but Fish knew what he was getting into. It is his company's fault that the game has some significant bugs, including wiping out everything a player has put into the game, and he has made money from releasing the game. On top of that, he is talking about releasing on other platforms - about making further money - and his answer is "f*ck off" to the gamers negatively impacted by his company's programming faults?

It is not that they cannot resolve the issue, it is not that they do not have the money to do so, it is not that they can give guidance to people on how to avoid it or use a workaround - his answer is simply that it is not worth it to him to patch it.

And what if his game needs another patch? Or there were bigger issues? A larger player base was affected? Just screw those people, too?
Creating, hyping, and selling a game have expectation repercussions.
Thinking issues with Micro$oft are not grounds for destroying saves,
Ray

$40,000 isn't exactly pocket change to an indie developer. Given Fish's deal with MS, I imagine he isn't seeing much profit from the game's sales. Was it stupid to make such a deal with MS in the first place? Yes. Is it stupid that MS charges exorbitant fees for certification? Yes. Does any of this change the fact that I would still like to play Fez on PC? No.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo