Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

25. Re: On Sale Jul 22, 2012, 03:46 NegaDeath

GFWL, you are a piece of F'ing shit. I knew that before but you reinforced it today.

So I purchase Arkham City and the Harley Quinn DLC from the steam sale. Game installs fine, launcher license activate works fine. Get into game, GFWL needs to update. It updates, says I have to restart game. Sigh, fine. Go back in and GFWL needs to update....again. But this time it requests a restart. Wtf? Restart PC, getting pissed. Game starts, I go to enter the DLC key in the GFWL menu. I get an "unknown error". I click on more information and it takes me back to the DLC info screen. I click on download again, same error. I click on the troubleshoot button, it takes me back to the DLC info screen. I try one last option and this time select ignore. It takes me back to the DLC info screen. Restart the game and try to activate DLC again, GFWL crashes and takes game with it. Giving up for tonight, going to bed.

Inexcusable. For anyone who defends GFWL this is the kind of shit people talk about when they say they hate it. Steam never pulls crap like this with me. Hell even Origin works better.

Edit:
Against my better judgement I give it one more try. Down the rabbit hole I go! Still giving error. I notice it's installed a "games for windows marketplace" program in the start list. What the hell I'll give it a try. The so called marketplace screen is just a link to the xbox website. Apparently they didn't update the program to actually show products. Classy. No option anywhere to add a DLC key that I can see. The glutton for punishment that I am I click on help so I can see if the "add dlc key" option is buried somewhere. Clicking on help opens up windows media player.....

Sweet zombie jesus. It's gone from crap to being so bad it might defy the laws of nature. Now it's DEFINATELY bedtime. Gnight all.

This comment was edited on Jul 22, 2012, 03:59.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo