Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

36. Re: Fortnite To Use Online DRM? Jul 19, 2012, 15:28 ASeven

Beamer wrote on Jul 19, 2012, 15:19:
Seriously? "Cunts."

You're a good man, there, ASeven.

And there is no publisher for this. Epic, being very, very wealthy, hasn't had a true publisher relationship. Ever. And this is already looking like it will be self-published. It's almost definitely online-only and probably f2p. Epic has more than enough cash to do that on their own, probably a few dozen times over. In the past publishers were used solely for marketing (and they now have an in-house team and are hiring) and for distribution (which would now be Steam and maybe some other digital storefronts.)

I call them for what they are, if you can't handle raw honesty find something else to read then. I call as I see them and yes, they are very much a pack of cunts who only whine about PC piracy and people not buying their games while producing derivative crap all the time.

And as for Epic self-publishing, possible but I can't recall the last Epic game that was self-published since GoW started as a franchise and as such I doubt they'll self-publish here, ever since GoW their attitude has always been to have a security net in the form of a publisher for all games they publish.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo