Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

30. Re: Blizzard on Diablo III Jul 19, 2012, 13:55 Endo

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 19, 2012, 10:31:
The problem is that they went awaay from what "worked" in D2 to this. They said the Ladders weren't important and that Items are important....well, when you can buy all the items in the AH, you have killed your own game.

I enjoyed the game. I will go back to it just like I do D2 once in a while. Over 100 hours for a game is good for me and I have moved on. When they released info about the AH I posted it would kill the game - and it has. They can't be so daft and ignorant (well...maybe they are) as to think their numbers would sustain with such a small game after 2 months.....they dropped the ball.
The problem is (as I've posted quite a few times before) that Blizzard has lost the majority of the top developers they had back when they made stellar games.

So I'll say it again: the days of Blizzard making games of unparalleled quality and fun are gone. They no longer have the developers to pull it off. They'll still make good games, but they don't have what it takes to make truly great games anymore.

I called this before Starcraft 2 came out, and again before Diablo 3 came out. The evidence has been there for some time, but a bit difficult to see because they weren't releasing any new games for a long long time. So the only way to tell was with the WoW updates, which were steadily getting worse and worse (both on fun factor and quality - just look at the number of things they break in every new patch nowadays as compared to back in the early days).

With each new release, more and more people will become aware of this and it's going to get harder for them to just rest on their laurels. Unfortunately for Blizzard, I don't think they can ever rise to the level of production quality they had in the past so their releases pretty much aren't going to get better.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo