Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

26. Re: Blizzard on Diablo III Jul 19, 2012, 11:52 peteham

AngelicPenguin wrote on Jul 19, 2012, 11:43:
Verno wrote on Jul 19, 2012, 11:34:
More players generally only dilutes your MF

I'm glad someone else tweaked onto that one, its been bugging me for awhile. Why does other peoples MF affect mine in a game with instanced loot? Why does a supposedly multiplayer designed game actively punish you for playing with other people? Why does balance matter in a segmented game with few persistent elements? So many things are totally at odds that it feels like they just don't have a handle on any strong overall design goals.

You can tell they really didn't think a lot of these changes through. Many of them were made in the latter half of their pathetic version of beta that tested essentially nothing other than the battle.net infrastructure. Overhauling the entire rune system a month before release without testing was another head scratcher.

Ya it also just makes it an annoying stat to calculate. ok, there are three of us - he has 60%, he has 95%, and if I put this on I'll have uh...
I think the idea was to prevent players from stacking high MF with otherwise crappy gear, and then leeching on other players, getting your own personalized loot without contributing anything to the group's ability to kill stuff. Combined with how much harder it becomes to kill elite groups with 4x HP even when those groups don't deal more damage, though, it really doesn't do much to encourage grouping. Especially with my barbarian, I have a much faster and easier time just rolling solo.

Basically, they're designing the economy/AH and forgot to design the game...

This comment was edited on Jul 19, 2012, 12:04.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo