Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

9. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 18, 2012, 15:54 Darks

Microsoft just does not understand how the user thinks or feels. Or for that matter how smaller companies and larger companies in general think. Microsoft needs to take a few steps back and look at the bigger picture. I seriously doubt they have talked to businesses in general to see how they budget for upgrading their operating systems.

My company for example will not upgrade to this OS. The reason being is cost. We as a whole have over the past 6 months started upgrading to windows 7. No company is willing to dump a bunch of money into a new OS they just upgraded to in the first place, windows 7 being the example. Compatibility issues are a big reason. Most companies are not willing to jump in and buy a new OS until itís been on the market at least two years when drivers are available and third party applications are compatible with the OS.

This is where Microsoft is failing, they really need to listen to the customers and stop and think that releasing a new OS should only come about every 5 to 6 years. Plus, they are trying to wow people wit the touch feely look of it and that is not working for a standard desktop platform.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo