Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

51. Re: Steam Linux Plans Jul 17, 2012, 19:17 Dev

Dades wrote on Jul 17, 2012, 18:03:
Do you think Valve decides to commit millions in resources to development on inferior operating systems going nowhere if they could just stick with Windows and not worry about it? Maybe like many other people, they are worried about Windows 8 being a turd.
Since they mostly do stuff thats interesting to them, without much regard to the expense... yes, they may well do that.

Valve could completely stop developing games and live off of steam income for the foreseeable future, and still not have to worry about their income stream.
Trashy wrote on Jul 17, 2012, 17:57:
Due to the sensitivity of my work I can't use google docs nor any other cloud based storage site that would put any kind of work specific data outside of the corporate firewall, It's in my company's corporate policy. Even if I could, I wouldn't trust google with handling any of my work.
And all those concerns are just about the normal cloud stuff like someone accidently sharing. In addition you never know if hackers will steal stuff. Plus that doesn't even count the intentional problems. Companies like MS sometimes put in their TOS that they get unlimited rights to proprietary stuff that goes through their servers (which means they could patent or trademark or copyright stuff just because it was sent in the cloud)

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo