Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

26. Re: The Old Republic EP Leaves; Other Staff Cuts? Jul 17, 2012, 17:52 RollinThundr

Beelzebud wrote on Jul 17, 2012, 17:47:
I don't really disagree with any of that RollinThundr. Bioware was starting to produce watered down stuff before the buyout. My only point of contention with what you said about Blizzard is that the relaxed management style from their early parent company is what empowered them to produced those classic games, and turned Blizzard into a billion dollar company.

Since the merger, they don't seem to have that same mindset. Look no further than Diablo 3. Issues with the RMAH aside, they were showing off the PVP section of the game years ago, and always said it was in the game. The old Blizzard never would have released Diablo 3 until all of the parts were ready to go. Hell they used to throw out entire games because they weren't living up to the quality of their brand, one of those throw aways being a version of Diablo 3.

It's no coincidence that these companies are all stagnating after selling out to large corporate interests, when Valve is humming right along with a relaxed management attitude, and still putting out classics.

If a game company has management with no real passion for games, you get shit.

Fair enough, though you have to keep in mind most of those old time blizzard folks haven't been there in years. They either left due to Blizz North getting the axe, or went on to Arena.net, or Runic or other places.

Not sure how much that plays a part obviously though. To be honest to hear Jay Wilson give interviews the guy just sounds like he's one of those "I'm the greatest dev since sliced bread" types. Ya know a kind of Derek Smart personality but that could be just me.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo