Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

43. Re: Diablo III Game Limits Returning Jul 17, 2012, 16:14 jacobvandy

LgFriess wrote on Jul 17, 2012, 14:02:
jacobvandy wrote on Jul 17, 2012, 12:57:
Well shit, there's no way this is just to curtail the use of bots. Bots or not, it still takes some time to do any farming run, so this will definitely impact manual farming as well. There's a really neat spot in Act 1 that can net you up to 500k per hour between loads of monster gold and some magic drops, but it involves restarting from a conveniently close-by checkpoint and running over to the little side dungeon/basement that has about a 50% chance to be open. It takes no more than 10-15 seconds if it's not there, and maybe up to 25-30 if it is.

That sounds very... boring. Guess I'm in the minority though considering how popular the game is. It reminds me of doing dailies in WoW and SWTOR. Just this repetitious grind to get another small step forward.

Then again I sat up for hours last night mining in Terraria. Hacking up little mounds of dirt and stone in hopes of finding some new ore or items. I honestly don't know why it's so damn fun but hours just disappear.

I don't sit here and do it all day, hell I've rarely done it for more than an hour straight. Even so, I can just listen to talk radio or watch TV while I do it. But since it's so quick, I usually hop on that char (geared with about 230% extra gold and 200% magic find) and do some farming here and there when I need a little extra for the AH or am just waiting for an auction to end. Once you get the routine down, it requires zero thought or effort but grants some really decent rewards, including the occasional rare or even legendary item (even if it's shit it can be worth a decent amount on the AH).

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Jul 17, 2012, 15:38:
Drops and gold seem to be limited in the game due to farming going on. This is to protect the online economy, but makes the game terribly boring for those that don't want to use the AH/RMAH. Even if they do want to use them, the rampant inflation makes it a ridiculous grind to get enough gold to buy stuff. Seems like players lose either way.

Yep, they GLOBALLY nerfed lootables including corpses and chests, as well as breakables such as vases and barrels, because of people farming them. Now they are worthless to everybody.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo