Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

21. Re: Diablo III Game Limits Returning Jul 17, 2012, 12:59 wonkawonka

MattyC wrote on Jul 17, 2012, 12:12:
wonkawonka wrote on Jul 17, 2012, 11:36:
I have no idea what the cheating is about, but it must be really rampant (and bots must be ruling the roost) because prices in the AH are insane for a normal player, and drops rates are epsilon (and drops are crap anyway).
I played 75 hours, much of it at level 60, quite a bit of it on inferno, and I have YET TO SEE A DROP BETTER THAN YELLOW.

Needless to say I stopped playing.

At 75 hours you either leveled crazy fast or you didn't spend that much time in inferno.

That's what the game is telling me, it might be a lot more. I didn't level crazy fast, in fact I played most of the time alone, just going through each difficulty level and act. Until inferno where I've had to partner up. And I did spend quite some time in inferno. But think about what you're saying: that a player who spent 75 hours on the game ISN'T EVEN EXPECTED TO GET ANY COOL ITEMS.
Something is dangerously broken there. I did have fun with the game, I do feel I got my money's worth (barely, because it's not varied enough in skills and items) but I'm ready to move on. And why? because a large part of it is that the game is being so exploited by bots and others that for the regular guy like me it's just useless.

MattyC wrote on Jul 17, 2012, 12:12:
As for the AH, why use it? Farming for items more or less is Diablo. Drops do need to be buffed (they are working on that) but atm yellow more or less is the best.

If anything I would say paranoia from their history with WoW, not a lack of testing lead to most of the negative aspects of the game. They seem far too concerned with hardcore players blasting through the content and burning out. That resulted in overtuned champ packs with underwhelming drop rates.

Exactly. They have a major problem with bots and/or hardcore players and they should have identified the issue. Simply make 2 environments, for hardcore/bots and for regular people. The difference being that regular people can't trade items between them, and therefore drop rates are hugely higher, resulting in a much more enjoyable single-player experience.
As long as they don't split those two actor types, they're going to be damned if they do and damned if they don't regarding the drop rates.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo