Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

18. Re: Diablo III Game Limits Returning Jul 17, 2012, 12:45 RollinThundr

MattyC wrote on Jul 17, 2012, 12:12:
wonkawonka wrote on Jul 17, 2012, 11:36:
I have no idea what the cheating is about, but it must be really rampant (and bots must be ruling the roost) because prices in the AH are insane for a normal player, and drops rates are epsilon (and drops are crap anyway).
I played 75 hours, much of it at level 60, quite a bit of it on inferno, and I have YET TO SEE A DROP BETTER THAN YELLOW.

Needless to say I stopped playing.

At 75 hours you either leveled crazy fast or you didn't spend that much time in inferno.

As for the AH, why use it? Farming for items more or less is Diablo. Drops do need to be buffed (they are working on that) but atm yellow more or less is the best.

If anything I would say paranoia from their history with WoW, not a lack of testing lead to most of the negative aspects of the game. They seem far too concerned with hardcore players blasting through the content and burning out. That resulted in overtuned champ packs with underwhelming drop rates.

The game is nothing amazing, but it is hardly a mess either. With the amount of time I have played / fun I have had, it would be absurd to suggest I didn't get my $ worth.

RollinThundr wrote on Jul 17, 2012, 12:00:
ASeven wrote on Jul 17, 2012, 11:38:
Being online-only sure has taken care of all the cheaters and bots and exploits, right??

Ask Krowen, I think he's the single person who bought into that line of bullshit.

Vs D1 or D2 the cheating/exploits have indeed been minimal. Not sure why you ever thought being online only would do a single thing about bots. You are aware of MMO bots yes?

Don't tell me, I knew the always on DRM wasn't going to do shit.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo