Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

10. Re: Steam Linux Plans Jul 17, 2012, 00:39 headkase

Kitkoan wrote on Jul 17, 2012, 00:19:
headkase wrote on Jul 16, 2012, 23:53:
Kitkoan wrote on Jul 16, 2012, 23:36:
Have you tried using PlayOnLinx? Its pretty much an installer for Windows games with a preset Wine setup. So it will install your Windows game with the best working version of Wine for that program and the extras it needs.

Just installed it now, thanks. I remember trying it ages ago but at that time I already had a Crossover license so I didn't stick with it. This new version I just installed, after a few years, looks good - I'll have to kick the tires and see how good..

Works good for me. I remember when it first came out... wasn't good but glad to see it's improved.

Yes, last time I tried PlayonLinux it was pretty primitive: right away I can see that it is much more polished.

Slashman wrote on Jul 17, 2012, 00:26:
headkase wrote on Jul 16, 2012, 23:27:
Good news for me. I'm currently running Ubuntu 12.04 as my only operating system. I also have a huge library of Steam games that I'm currently not using as per the previous sentence.

Perhaps I missed something...but why would you have a huge library of Steam games and still be running only Linux?

Because I haven't always just run Linux as my only OS. For a while I ran it in a virtual machine, then I dual-booted, and now it is all that is installed. It's a gateway OS I tell ya..

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo