Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

64. Re: Quantum Continuum is currently $9 at Amazon. Jul 15, 2012, 12:12 Dev

nin wrote on Jul 15, 2012, 11:58:
I might need to go back and add in your latest amazon shills...what do they pay you?
Its theoretically possible he just likes to get the best deal on a game regardless of where its available to purchase. If he was trying to push amazon deals, he should be posting referral links to get some of the profit. Unless he's an employee or something.
I've mentioned amazon a few times myself when its had some good deals, especially ones that activate on steam.

If one cares about price alone, then one should be platform agnostic and willing to buy on amazon, GoG, steam, origin, GMG, beamdog or any other platforms. Second to steam, amazon probably has some of the best sales and deals on PC games. And amazon tends to have discounts more often on pre-orders or early purchases.

I'm not that way, I prefer steam over all others. Not only do I trust valve more than say EA, but I have most of my games there. I've bought 2nd (sometimes 3rd or 4th) copies of games on steam just to have them more conveniently available. But I do have an amazon account, and if they have something better priced that has a steam code, I will sometimes buy it.

I'm on the side of informing potential buyers of all options (especially if they are cheaper) and letting them make decisions. I'd rather see amazon sales and links, than not see them, along with Origin sales and links, steam sales and links, etc etc.

If links to game sales because a spammish problem, I have no problem if blue wanted to say something like only put links to game sales in the on sale threads, but he might need to put one of those threads in every day's blues update. Some days don't end up getting any, and then when sales happen, I end up putting the info in something like the week's top ten in steam thread, or some such

This comment was edited on Jul 15, 2012, 12:23.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo