Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

35. Re: Medal of Honor: Warfighter to Grant Battlefield 4 Beta Access? Jul 15, 2012, 12:02 RollinThundr

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jul 15, 2012, 04:45:
RollinThundr wrote on Jul 15, 2012, 00:09:
That being said they do publish titles that I like and I don't buy into the silly "boycotts" the gaming community likes to toss around. If any publisher puts out a game I'm prolly going to enjoy, I'll most likely buy it. /shrug
I am happy to buy EA games that are a) sensibly priced, b) don't have restrictive DRM, and c) are released on Steam. Unfortunately that means I've missed out on ME3 and BF3 but I'm not going to support a company that is trying to increase the price of games and push a service that is inferior to Steam in just about every way.

People don't hate on EA just for a laugh. People hate on EA because they have incredibly shitty business practices, they oppose the sales that have drawn so many people towards Steam, they use restrictive DRM (limited activations on Crysis 2, etc), their Origin service is half-assed and unreliable (I barely use it but my brother has had major trouble with it), they charge absolutely comically high prices for games, they treat their developers like dirt, they shut down great studios, they rape IPs (C&C, The Sims, Dragon Age, NFS, etc).

I hate that people try to pass off the dislike for EA as irrational. It's not the games themselves that people have the problem with (many of which are excellent) - it's the shitty business practices of EA.

Yet you had no problem buying Diablo 3 which has one of the worse DRM structures know to man and was designed in such a way to make Blizzard even more money post release.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo