Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

47. Re: Defense Grid 2 Kickstarter Jul 13, 2012, 18:32 killer_roach

Cutter wrote on Jul 13, 2012, 14:56:
That's exactly it. That's like that KS by Thomas Jane yesterday. He wants 600k...are you kidding me? He's rich already. KS is not for multi-millionaires who don't want to risk any of their own money. It's for people who have zilch and a good idea. I really don't want to see KS devolve into a place where rich and/or successful companies/people who can actually afford to fund their own projects but simply don't want to so they ask everyone else. People who really need the resources shouldn't have to compete with that nonsense.

Kickstarter is for letting the public decide what projects get funded and which ones don't. Plain and simple. Your lust for pitting the little guy against the big guy seems to have blinded you to that fact.

Tom Jane may be a successful actor and quite wealthy, but he doesn't necessarily know that there's a market for a game based off of a story he wrote. (I'd be more shocked if an actor did know that ahead of time, to be honest.) Just because you have millions doesn't mean you should have to put your own money on the line to make something that nobody wants... if anything, millionaires are millionaires precisely because they do their best to avoid spending money on things that people don't want.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo