Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

31. Re: Defense Grid 2 Kickstarter Jul 13, 2012, 14:48 Dev

Prez wrote on Jul 13, 2012, 14:15:
Sorry, but to me this is a big problem, this is a company that created the first game and it did really well. Now these jerkoffs are trying to soak the community for more money to kick off a part 2 of their game. Something smells very fishy.

So then don't donate. It's that simple. The whole idea behind kickstarter is that the community as a whole decides what passes muster. Everyone claiming that they somehow unilaterally can decide what is and isn't a valid project completely miss the point of kickstarter in the first place. We already have publishers doing that. That's the exact thing kickstarters are meant to get away from.
EXACTLY. And if the community as a whole decides not to fund, then it won't get funded.

Me, I'm fine with them doing it, although I'm not sure I'll personally kickstart it. I'll mark it to remind me which sends me an email 2 days before the end and I'll review it then to see where it is.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo