Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

40. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Film Plans Jul 11, 2012, 11:39 Dev

Prez wrote on Jul 11, 2012, 08:41:
What I don't understand is it seems that studios green-light videogame adaptations because they are popular and have a built-in audience before the movie even starts production. Then they produce a movie that pisses off every one of those fans. Why make a Doom movie then change virtually every aspect that makes it Doom? Producers just don't get it, something made painfully apparent by the asinine shit they throw in thinking it's fan service like first person sequence in the Doom movie. Fan service would simply be making a good movie that doesn't piss all over the source material. If the source material isn't good enough to stand on its own, then don't make the friggin' movie.
I agree entirely. I think a lot of it is internal politics from the studios and the people working on the movie. Some writer or director or nephew of a VP wants to put their personal stamp on it, or they just suck at it but because they ARE the nephew of the VP, they get the job.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo