Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

11. Re: Source Filmmaker Open Beta Jul 11, 2012, 06:22 Dev

eunichron wrote on Jul 11, 2012, 03:02:
Not when Jason Holtman is saying, "We hardly make anything anymore." source.

Yes, I understand the quote in context is in reference to TF2, but when you consider that Valve hasn't released an original IP since 2007, I would hardly call them a game company. They're more of a publisher and tools-provider at this point.
I don't care much if they do original IP or not, but the reason they are so slow in game development is their entire company's work philosophy.

But you know what? They don't NEED any money from developing games. They could just focus on steam from now on and forget any more games and still make tons of money. Their steam income dwarfs any they get from actual valve game sales.

Anyway, thats one reason why I think they should start outsourcing some of their game development. They don't have enough employees to do what they want to do right now as it is.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo