Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

50. Re: Steam Greenlight Announced Jul 10, 2012, 11:19 Dev

TheEmissary wrote on Jul 10, 2012, 10:52:
Valve is licensing out the source engine for an animated movie called Deep I believe. I remember reading about it before Source Filmmaker beta was announced. http://goo.gl/JmvkK

Back to the main topic, I fail to see why people are so paranoid here. Valve didn't suddenly find the indie gaming scene and have always support them. There is just simply too much for any one to wade through. Microsoft has a similar process for XNA/AppHub indies where they have to be peer reviewed/Tested before they are allowed on the marketplace.
Thats a very interesting link, thanks!

Yeah I don't know wtf is up with all these kickstarter comparisons and accusations. This move has nothing at all to do with funding, which means it has nothing at all to do with crowd funding, which means it has nothing at all to do with kickstarter or its models. And even if it somehow did... so what?
I sometimes see posts where its obvious someone doesn't even read the summary, let alone RTFA. But its rare to see so many posts in a single thread exemplifying that.

Valve is just trying to get some help for the first stage of the approval process to get a game onto steam. Ideally the community can filter out some of the crap and they only have to look at the cream of the crop. Voting on games doesn't have anything to do with funding those games.
Asking for community help with opinions has been around long before kickstarter existed. It would be more accurate to say that kickstarter "ripped off" the idea from other sources. And I'm happy they did.

This comment was edited on Jul 10, 2012, 11:31.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo