Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

18. Re: KAOS Studios Postmortem Jul 7, 2012, 22:27 ASeven

killer_roach wrote on Jul 7, 2012, 22:05:
ASeven wrote on Jul 7, 2012, 22:03:
Dmitri_M wrote on Jul 7, 2012, 21:59:
A big cathartic crash would be nice. Don't see it happening though. Game publishers will just stop making high budget titles and simplify and move to platforms like mobile that are profitable. This process is slow and has being going on for years.

As long as they leave the PC alone I couldn't care less.

But do read the two articles I linked on my previous message. They do explain things quite well and why it's very, very possible the crash will happen soon.

Goodie. So you, in a fit of juvenile pique, would rather pretty well immolate the entire industry for the next 5-10 years just because you're not seeing the games you like?

I'm sorry, but you're what is wrong with the industry, not the publishers.

Sarcasm aside I can't stop the inevitable and neither can you. Use the same tools you have available as I have as economists, take a good, unbiased look at the market and tell me with all honesty it isn't coming.

As for your last sentence, you seem to be attributing to me powers I do not have, like my presence breaking an industry opposed to all the wrong decisions the publishers did or my want for a crash automatically makes the industry a worse place to be. I'm sorry but if you think I am emotional about this, calling it a juvenile pique, then so are you now by taking the opposite attitude and becoming a juvenile yourself in the process.

As for immolating the industry... No, the publishers will be immolated, everything else remains which is why I think indies are the salvation, as they were in 83. They are independent to what happens to publishers because there will always be gamers as long as there are PCs and consoles and devices that can play videogames. The crash will only happen to publishers and everything else will remain the same with indies taking over where publishers once did, filling the gap.

And the cycle will start all over again but hopefully with people all the more wiser and not willing to make the same mistakes their predecessors did.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo