Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

4. Re: Battlefield 3 Jul 5, 2012, 21:32 Flak

Sepharo wrote on Jul 5, 2012, 20:27:
Note to EA: This is something you launch with.

Admittedly I'm not up on the BF3 competitive community but my wild ass guess is that it is nearly non-existent.

It pretty much is non-existent. There was a competitive scene at launch but it fizzled out quickly because to begin with you couldn't even set servers to private. I'm not sure how this mode makes any sense at all. People who play competitively already run private servers and don't need their hands held by some probably dysfunctional battlelog scheduling system.

If DICE spent even a fraction of the time working on the subpar netcode as opposed to coming up with these lame, gimmicky ideas that no one even asks for or wants (or if the community does ask for it, we get a really watered down version of it 6 months post-launch, IE this stupid mode), this game might actually be playable at a level that makes competition a reality. But as it stands, who wants to play this game competitively when you go behind cover to reload but die because of the compensating lag, kind of kills it.

Still a fun game, but who is Dice kidding, no spectator mode/battlerecorder, horrible netcode, casual community, BF3 is about as far from competitive gaming as it gets, sad to say because BF1942 had a presence in both CAL and CPL back in the day.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo