Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

21. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 5, 2012, 20:18 Agent.X7

Jivaro wrote on Jul 5, 2012, 18:27:
Agent.X7 wrote on Jul 5, 2012, 18:06:
ViRGE wrote on Jul 5, 2012, 17:48:
avianflu wrote on Jul 5, 2012, 12:14:
Dedicated portable game consoles are floundering even in Japan.
I believe you're mistaken. The 3DS is selling extremely well over in Japan. It's the Vita that's struggling in Japan, and then both are struggling in the west.

Yeah, the Japanese LOVE handheld gaming. The Vita is in trouble there and here because it has, what? 20 games? That's 6 months after launch. Almost half of the launch games slipped their release date, and of those another half just disappeared, apparently no longer in development. That awesome feature where I can play the game on my PS3 or Vita, and switch on and off? Yeah, no games let you do that yet. Controlling my PS3 from the Vita? Yeah, almost nothing works.

Don't get me wrong, I loved Uncharted on the Vita, I like Gravity Rush a lot, and I'm sure I will like the Assassin's Creed game, but that's 3 games on a $250 system. Most people will not shell out for a system like that with very few good games.

Exactly right. I love the Vita...still haven't bought one yet though. I can't justify that kind of money for such a limited library when it comes to new titles. Even if they made all the PSOne and PS2 titles downloadable and functioning on the Vita....so what? I don't want it to retro game. All that new tech so I can Pac-Man Championship Edition? lol. I have heard Uncharted on Vita is a spectacular game though...portable or otherwise.

Yeah, that's what made it so good. It wasn't "Oh, this is a good game...for a handheld." It was "Damn, this is a great game!"

Same with Gravity Rush, although you have to like weird Anime stories to get into it. (And even then I'm not sure I get what is going on half the time.)

I'm kind of thinking Sony was testing the ground with the Vita. You can get 100% of the games through the PSN at $5 to $10 cheaper than retail, and you can get most games at retail on a chip. That would make a lot of sense for the new PS4. You want to save money on new games and you have the net connection to do it, you download. Those that want to sell their games or who don't have a connection, they can buy it at retail.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo