Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

50. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes; Magic Find Debate; Endgame Woes Jul 5, 2012, 09:29 Verno

Yeah the loot is really boring in general. I can still remember a solid 10-15 memorable items from Diablo 2 and that's not going into runewords and other cool stuff. I can barely remember a few items from Diablo 3 and even then it's only because of how much I sold them to people for, not because I actually wanted to collect it.

Way too much emphasis on getting to level 60 and grinding loots. Diablo 2 worked because you got cool stuff at any level. Diablo 3 also has this weird progression system where you actually get weaker and lose more skill options as you level up which is just bizarre. Most ARPGs are all about collecting stuff and becoming powerful, not starting powerful then getting weaker as you collect things.

The game just needed actual play testing, less MMO influence and more time in the tank.

Playing: Everquest Next Alpha, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: Evidence, Longmire, Chained

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo