Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

29. Re: Guild Wars 2 Golden Rules Jul 5, 2012, 07:53 Squirmer

Zetler wrote on Jul 5, 2012, 07:22:
Some people are calling GW2 the savoir of the MMO industry, well if this is the savoir then please let the genre die. For all it's pretentious "nextgen" trappings GW2 is just a over streamlined and soulless theme park. There are times when I'm playing this game where I had to go make coffee or take out the trash out and my quests still got done thanks to a zerg of nameless Charrs.

Its as if someone determined that WoW was too "hardcore" because it required a pulse and a person to be in front of the computer. So they engineer a MMO in which an antisocial drooling simpleton can complete the content. Why even bother with the game then? Why not just streamline it some more by following the load screen with a choice of level cap tier rewards for your class and a link to the cash shop??

Well you definitely haven't played the game, because I can't imagine that someone who has would say something this silly.

But on the off chance you are that silly ... First of all, they weren't your quests. If you were AFK, any events that started around you were just things that happened in the world, regardless of your presence. And if you were AFK, you didn't get rewarded for them.

Some of the events are quite easy to complete sometimes, but some are very difficult. One of the most common complaints after the beta weekends, in fact, was that the content was very hard. It's not consistent, because it's hard to be consistent with so many variables in public events, but overall the difficulty was much higher than most other MMOs. It's simply wrong to say you coast through the game, which also suggests you haven't actually played it.

You sound like a WoW (or some other MMO) player feeling threatened by GW2. I don't see why. There are many games out there that have the traditional trinity system, the traditional quest hub system, the traditional solo content system. There are plenty of games that will satisfy you. But it's not a bad thing that GW2 is doing things differently, and an awful lot of people seem to agree.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo