Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

11. Re: Guild Wars 2 Golden Rules Jul 4, 2012, 19:15 Alamar

Agent.X7 wrote on Jul 4, 2012, 16:01:
Cutter wrote on Jul 4, 2012, 15:08:
Co-op is indeed key. It's amazing how much more fun and cool your fellwo players are when they don't have to fight for the same mobs and resources. I'm still blown away by how helpful and friendly the vast majority of people are simply by using this model. It boggles the mind no one has done it long before now. And yes, let's get some more beta action happening asap!

Different Dev mindset. Blizzard devs actually like the player base at each others throats.

How times change (or not)...

I see Cutter's comment, and I thought he was talking about WoW... I remember those times, even years after people were bitching about the community...

Sure, people had to go that extra step, and actually interact with someone for half a second (to 'ninja invite') on a quest/quest-mob/rare, etc... But that's what WoW was to me... The massive of 10s groups.

So ya, it's nice that A-net is expanding on that model, just like WoW (and their playerbase) had done previously... Back when spawns took an hour (or even 15m) to come back, you wouldn't want to take a chance on someone tagging it first, which actually seems like an ironic argument to me (as in, the longer it takes, the more likely people should be to share the credit)...

I truly hope GW2 adds as much good to the genre as WoW did, but I'm just not seeing it yet.

-Alamar

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo