Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

7. Re: Vanguard F2P Details Jul 4, 2012, 03:28 Acleacius

I sincerely hope this works it's one of my favorite games, BUT it's soe and there's no way I can think of it passes the $10 a month full access test. Not to mention they are preventing F2P from selling the Broker. They still kept trying to charge full price, even though full price obviously didn't work. Sure their previous model of $15 a month would work when they were one of the only mmogs available, now it's just delusional.
Selling items via the Broker system is limited to Gold members. Free players are also able to purchase items via the Broker system.
Free players can equip items that are designated as common. Gold members can equip items with any rarity designation.
You can't wear anything that isn't *common* or sell any loot on the Broker. It's also true what everyone says about graphics and animations. Except for the fact that it certainly looks better than WoW graphically and millions still play. In all fairness WoW is more of a social experience which is given it so much longevity, essentially it's the Facebook of mmogs.

There are some pretty amazing things about Vanguard. Iirc, there are more that 100 individually crafted, created and themed dungeons. They are free roam, not scripted or instanced based, only the Raids are instanced. Boats are pretty awesome and you get a mount at level 10, you will need it. Vast and huge world, with three major themes Desert, Forest and Asian.

It's probably more personal experience (since I was there at the start) but at least att even in the context of their dated graphics it's pretty visually stunning. The scope and magnitude, not to mention it's done with Art Assets (not layer upon layer of eye trickery like mapping) making it much more stylized. At least to me 5 years ago, it was gorgeous with an amazing sound track. It was light, never heavy or over whelming, making it perfect for exploring the huge world.

It was very innovative as well, think the flying mounts were cool in Wow? It was Vanguard as well as things like combat Heroic Opportunities and some of the most innovative Player Classes in any game.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo