Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

30. Re: Sony to Acquire Gaikai Jul 3, 2012, 11:16 SimplyMonk

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Jul 2, 2012, 16:43:
... fail to understand that one of the biggest lobbying industries anywhere (big telecom) is firmly against stuff like this.

A thousand times this. Ugh. All I can do is pray night and day that the telecom industry wakes up and realize that there is more to be gained by investing in their infrastructure than trying to do bullshit like bandwidth caps in order to drive profits. With things as they are, if I saw a bill come across the ballot asking if I wanted to raise my taxes by 200% so that the government could offer a competing broadband internet service, I'd be voting yes all the way.

At least then we might have a better chance at getting a service that focuses on performance and not raking in profits. I know to expect that from any government entity in itself is somewhat of a pipe dream, but something needs to be done about the infrastructure monopoly these companies have.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo