Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

86. Re: Diablo III RMAH Issues Jul 2, 2012, 20:18 Slippy

I read the original post on the guy that threw down $200.00 after changing regions and I do have to say that I feel his pain. I would assume Bliz will make it right with him (if for any other reason just to avoid the bad press)... but it got me thinking...

Wouldn't it be nice to just have a software developer tell it like it is? I think there would be a totally different attitude toward Blizzard if, during development, they had a really cool Community Manager that just said, "Why are we putting a Real Money Auction House in Diablo 3? Because there is a butt load of money to make and we think it would be an awesome additon to the game. If it doesn't work out and the community hates it? We'll shut it off. We'll make more than enough money in the short time that it IS up to cover the development costs so it will be a failed venture with no real monitary loss... nuff said."

Personally, I would respect that.

The Terms of Service should be just as straight forward...
"If you are planning to change regions, ensure your account balance is $0.00. Due to the possibility of money laundering though our system we can't allow account balances to transfer from one region to another... you have been warned! Don't do anything stupid like this!"

This comment was edited on Jul 2, 2012, 20:23.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo